I am guilty of filling up an entire bookshelf in our dining room with cookbooks and starting a new pile on the floor. Since it's only about eight books high right now, and four of those are from the library I don't really feel bad. Cookbooks are so addicting. I study the photography techniques, recipe variations and look for interesting ingredients.
So, when my friend Nelly over at Cooking with Books posted her cookbook wish list I knew I had to make one of my own. Chronicle Books challenged bloggers to come up with a $500 cookbook wish list. If I win, one lucky commenter will win all of my books too so don't forget to comment.
1. Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi
2. Eat Like a Man by Esquire (ok, I want this one for my husband)
3. The Salpinc Cookbook by Priscilla Satkoff
4. Simply Organic by Jesse Ziff Cool
5. Rustica by Frank Camorra
6. Tartine Bread by Chad Robertson
7. The James Beard Foundation's Best of the Best
8. Firehouse Food by San Francisco's Firefighters
9. Ruhlman's Twenty by Michael Ruhlman
10. The Country Cooking of France by Anne Willan
11. A Beautiful Bowl of Soup by Paulette Mitchel
12. Sunday Roasts by Betty Rosbottom
13. The Country Cooking of Ireland by Colman Andrews
14. Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey by Jill O'Connor
What do you think of this list? If you could only have one which would you pick?